Xyron and Design Memory Craft
This week Xyron have partnered with Design Memory Craft range of Gelatos and Mixed Media Products. I had so much fun creating this canvas wall hanging, it was so easy and fun to do, I have made a tutorial below.
8" x 8" Canvas
How it's made
1. Prepare the canvas with a coating of white gesso, use a heat gun to help the drying process (optional).
2. Apply the Gelatos direct to the canvas, I have used the Aqua Dolce and the Butter Cream from the Pastels with a small amount of Snow Cone from the brights.
3. Blend together with a little mist of water using a brush or your finger.
4. For the next layer I added some swirls using the Coconut Gelato and blended them in lightly.
5. To create my paper layers I repeated the process on some watercolor paper.6. Using my stamp and the Pitt Artist Pen I stamped the pattern randomly.
7. I later added some stamped script using a black ink pad.
8. Cut the watercolor paper into random strips and squares.
9. Run all the pieces through the Xyron Creative Station, if you prefer you can run the sheet through before cutting into strips.
10. Layer the pieces onto the canvas, overlapping each other.
11. Trace around the edges using the Pitt Pen and blend lightly.
12. Apply the gel medium over the entire canvas and leave to dry.
13. Spread a little Whipped Spackle on the canvas
14. Using Texture Plate #5 add texture to the spackle and allow to dry.
15. Place some of the Gelatos onto a mixing palette and add a little water to each.
16. Paint over the spackle and allow to dry.
17. Cover all the chipboard elements in a coating of gesso.
18. Following the method used on the canvas apply the Gelatos to all the chipboard pieces.
19. Using the Stencil add some extra dimension with Earl Grey Gelato.
20. Apply a coating of Gel Medium to all of the pieces.
21. Attach all the pieces to the canvas using silicone gel.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, make sure to follow Xyron on Facebook
I'm also on facebook and if you want to stop by and say hi !
See you again soon.