Decorating for the holidays with Xyron, Graphic 45 and Petaloo


Xyron has partnered with Graphic 45 and Petaloo by Floracraft to bring you truly inspiring Christmas Decorating Ideas.  All this week our teams will be joining together on a hop and you could win some awesome craft goodies.  Make sure to follow the Xyron Team here, Graphic 45 Team here and the Petaloo International Team here.

Hands up who has their Christmas Tree trimmed and their holiday decorating underway?, well I cannot wait to get started on mine.  I love the holidays and am a total Christmaszilla when it comes to decking the halls !.

This week I had the absolute pleasure of creating with the gorgeous and nostalgic St Nicholas Collection from Graphic 45 and Petaloo International with my Xyron adhesives.  I wanted to make a home decor piece that could be an heirloom as well as a fun piece of decor so I decided to make a 'Night Before Christmas' Diorama using a pop together dollhouse form from a local toy store that cost only €3 as well as a a battery operated sets of LED Lights that were €2 a pack.


THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS



Supplies

Xyron Creative Station
Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker
Graphic 45 'St Nicholas Collection'
Graphic 45 Hampton Art St Nicholas 2 Stamps
Petaloo International
StazOn Black Ink
Matt Mod Podge
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Dollhouse form
Pinecones and Berries
Coffee Stirring Sticks


How it's made

I took the dollhouse form and using black gesso I painted around the outside edges on all the pieces.
I measured, cut and inked the edges of all the pieces of paper for the roof and sides and using the Xyron Creative Station adhered them to the dollhouse.
I repeated the process for the inside of the house and assembled the components.
I trimmed down any of the internal tabs that would 'Stand Out' and using a silicone glue I filled in the gaps after assembly and when dry touched them up with more black paint.


I applied a coating of the Matt Mod Podge all over the house before decorating.
I added a light to the 'ceiling' of each room through the back of the house (this was a total after thought when i found the lights in a store).  I glued the wires to the ceiling and when dry I painted them black so they would blend in with the ceiling.
For the beds i used some coffee stirring sticks glued together, painted black and added the 'bedding' by folding paper (See images in next batch)
I made Christmas Cards for the Fireplace Mantle and did a decoupage wreath and added stamped elements to various room in the house.


I handmade the fireplace and used Cinnamon sticks as fire logs.
The Christmas tree was a bottle washer that I sprayed green and wrapped lights around and put the wire through the back of the fireplace and then out through the back of house to a battery pack.
I wrapped presents, left cake and tea for Santa while Goldie has a snooze by the fire.


Little Sue is upstairs wrapping gifts in the bedroom !
The bedding is made by folding paper and inking the edges.
I used elements from the stack and tags to create more decor and to finish I used the Petaloo Flowers and Foam Berries to accentuate the Christmas messages.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today, you can also follow my official Facebook page.  Check out Xyron on Facebook too for amazing craft inspirations every day.

Comments

  1. This will definitely become a family heirloom! I love everything about the house & how you decorated each room! Simply adorable, so perfect for the holidays! I can't believe the bed covers were made with graphic 45 paper! I do love this paper & tend to "hoard" it instead of using it because each paper is so pretty, but after seeing how you made this, I will be on the lookout for a paper doll house to decorate, and the lights! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creation & providing a lot of great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Sharon!! You really outdid yourself with this house!! This is totally AMAZING! I love all the tiny details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house shadow box! I love the fireplace and how you lit it up! I like how you made the house so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exceptional!!!! So much detail and delight in every room. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have several doll houses. One was designed by my mother
    and built by my husband - it is the North Pole, complete with
    stables and reindeer, workshop, elves housing, bakery, etc.
    It is a big piece and a wonderful reminder of two people
    who worked together so well to make a fantastic design.
    Love your house. it is a much-more manageable size.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is stunning and what fun to have a keepsake like this!
    What a great find the lights were as they add such realness to this
    gorgeously holiday decorated home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely!! I absolutely adore making mini houses and scenes and this one is delightful! Would you mind sending me the dimensions of the house? I would love to make one of these houses and create my own scene in it! My email is macaskillbarbara @yahoo .com
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing!!! Love it, so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my God!!! Such adorable project!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was a junior in high school (way back in 1972-73), we had an interior decorating section in Home Economics where we had to make/design a room using a box. This project of yours brought back that memory. I, too, made my furniture from cardboard and toothpicks and a thimble made a lampshade. I still have all of it. This one is much more detailed and the choices now vs 1973 is so much better! A very fun and beautiful project!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting project...very detailed. Love the use of cinnamon sticks as logs. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! I just LOVE the bed made out of materials from the craft room, and that tree out of a bottle brush!!??!! Clever girl! This is a work of art, IMHO. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love doll houses, this is extremely cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this holiday decorated doll house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous creation!
    Love all the lights
    you added.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  16. So detailed and so gorgeous, love your paper choices for the rooms ( authentic looking wall paper ); pine cones and berries just add to the coziness. So beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay so I put that comments somewhere oops! This Night Before Christmas House is adorable, love your choice of papers for the rooms ... looks like authentic wall paper ! Those berries and pine make it even more cozy... with all those other little details... I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This was very time consuming and turned out beautiful. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your house is fabulous. Love the lighted tree and fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful idea. I'm positive this will. become a treasured family heirloom! Your project demonstrates just how wonderful Xyron products are.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What a great project! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this is really beautiful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful project. This is something that you will cherish for year. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow I did a beach house once so I know how hard you worked on this and it shows in so many ways. This is just lovely. The detail is amazing right down to the beds. I'm so in love with this. Great job tfs Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! I love this. I've got a blank doll house sitting in my garage. I guess I'll have to start another project.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jiminy Christmas - that is divine! I want to move in!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE LOVE LOVE! You are an artist of great patience. The details are so minute! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so amazing and adorable!! I'm in love with your dollhouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow .... what a fantastic dollhouse! I have two granddaughters that would love this dollhouse! You are such an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is an awesome project! SO detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an amazing creation! Great details, love the lights, thanks for sharing this project. I made a country style dollhouse for my daughter 20 year ago, it just might be time to make another one.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love what you have done to the doll house looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG!!!! That is so cute!You put in so many awesome details. Those tiny cards for the fireplace and you got everything lit so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is gorgeous! And the paper is so perfect for the project! I want one!

    Noreen
    Crafty Journal

    ReplyDelete
  36. The is fantastic! Definitely an heirloom piece. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  37. A very sweet dollhouse diorama! Full of cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you all for your lovely comments and for visiting my blog. Happy Crafting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. A house to play in with real light features... fab!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is the most sweet, adorable, precious little house ever! I just love gazing into the rooms--oh that feeling it still gives me---joy and excitement! I want to make one too!!! This is just delightful, Sharon! Thank you so much for making and sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my gosh - that is so wonderful! All of the details make it so special!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Will someone please shrink me down and take me to live in Sharon's dollhouse. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh my goodness Sharon, this is an absolute masterpiece! A lot of love went into this, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing this beautiful project with us.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is the sweetest Christmas doll house. This would be something special to hand down to the younger group.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, how amazing is this. It looks fabulous. Great tutorial. I bet you had so much fun making this. I know I would. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a Amazing project this Christmas house. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is my favorite project using the Graphic 45 paper in this blog hop!!! Unbelievable---the amount of time must have been staggering! This is so creative! I know your family will love it forever. The lighting adds so much to the warm invitation to come and look inside!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments subject to moderation.

Popular Posts