XYRON FEATURING HEIDI SWAPP BLOG HOP

Ohhh I definitely BELIEVE!
 




I was blown away by the new Heidi Swapp 'Believe' Collection and wanted to make an heirloom piece that would be a part of our family Christmas celebrations for generations to come, and using my Xyron Adhesive products I know that it will last and give years of enjoyment .
 
I have made an advent calendar and wanted to share with you a tutorial for making one of your own.

http://aintshecrafty.blogspot.ie/

http://www.heidiswapp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/xyroninc?fref=ts
 
 
Christmas Countdown Advent Calendar
 
Products Used
 
Heidi Swapp Chartreuse Colour and Shine
Kaisercraft Advent Calendar
White Emulsion Paint
Natural Pinecones
Cinnamon Sticks
Faux Berries and Leaves
 
How it's Made
 
 
Start assembly of the chipboard boxes using the Xyron Glue Stick and put aside to dry

 
Assemble the Kasiercraft Advent kit using a liquid wood glue

 
Add the divisions using more of the wood glue and leave to dry

 
Once dry give is two coats of white emulsion paint.
 
 
To cover the 25 chipboard boxes cut five 1 3/4" strips from five different sheets of the 'Believe' paper and run all 25 strips through the Xyron 5" Creative Station

 
Start to wrap the strips around the chipboard boxes and save the scrap pieces for covering the base and for the inside of the advent calendar cubes.

 
Once the white emulsion is dry then you can use the Heidi Swapp Color and Shine and spritz  around the advent calendar base.

 
To cover the inside of the cubes measure and cut five cubes from each of the different coloured scraps to match the boxes.

 
Little Tip, I used some blue tack on a stick to allow me to place the squares flat into the cubes.

 
So there you have the insides of the cubes ready to take their matching boxes

 
For the centrepiece I cut the chevron print paper to size, ran it through the Xyron 9" Creative Station and then cut the honeycomb print paper to size to matt over it using foam pads for depth.

 
Before putting in place I spritzed it leaving a strip down the centre

 
Using some of the waste paper I cut out some elements and using foam pads put them on the page

 
For numbers I cut them from the numbered 'Believe' sheet and ran the strips through the Xyron 1.5" Create a Sticker

 
I cut out the numbers and placed them on the boxes and then put the boxes into place
 
 
To finish I added a spritzed pressed paper frame, banners and the natural elements.
 
-0-
 
Follow the Xyron Blog all this week for more fabulous Xyron and Heidi Swapp Projects from the team.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It

Comments

  1. Amazing! I want one! Fantastic tutorial Sharon but now I want everything you've just used lol. My Christmas list is getting longer by the minute. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous Advent Calender!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a terrific advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the sticker makers for adhering your papers. Great idea. Wonderful project!!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments subject to moderation.

Popular Posts