DT Card for gel-a-tins (Nursery Plaque)
NURSERY NAME PLAQUE
For this project I use the fabulous gel-a-tins 'Safari Friends' clear stamp set. When this set of super cute stamps arrived I was so excited to get started. Included in the set are six adorable safari animals a Tiger, Zebra, Lion, Giraffe, Monkey and an Elephant all enclosed in a funky gel-a-tins tin.. My favourite though was the amazing corner stamp that features all the animals. I decided to start with this stamp and it was the inspiration for the nursery door plaque below. This corner stamp makes excellent frames for pictures by simple rotating it. So here is my door plaque, I inserted the word 'Baby' but a child's name could be used instead to make it more personal. Below you will find a list of supplies and how I made this plaque. To purchase this adorable stamp set got to http://gelatinstamps.com/
gel-a-tins 'Safari Friends'
StazOn Jet Black Ink Pad
6x4 Picture Frame Mount Board
Brown Polka dot Ribbon
Brown Mini Buttons
Heart Shapes Mini Buttons
Trimcraft Animal Antics Paper Stack
HOW IT'S MADE
- Cut a piece of card 155mm x 105mm.
- Cover in striped paper from Trimcraft animal antics stack and place to one side.
- using the 'Safari Friends' corner stamp and the black in stamp the image onto the top left hand corner and the bottom right hand corner of the picture frame mount board.
- Colour with Letraset Promarkers
- Stamp a Giraffe and a Zebra onto card stock, colour and cut out and using foam pads place on the unstamped corners.
- Attach lenght of ribbon to the back of the photo frame mount board and then attach it to the covered card you put aside earlier.
- Using glue decorate with the buttons
- In the centre place a neutral piece of cardstock and insert the name of your choice. I used rub-on's just for demonstration.
So there you have it, pretty quick and easy. Play around with the stamps and have fun. If you use a square frame you could stamp all four corners for a really dramatic effect. Have Fun!