I'm Back !

 Hello lovelies, I've missed you!

What can I say, obviously looking at my blog and website it's obvious that I have severely neglected them these past months (ack OK years).  The truth is that life took over and my little business grew into something that ran away from me, overwhelmed me, and stretched me further than I could manage on my own and some things fell through the cracks and suffered, this blog especially.

I am blessed that 'Sharon Callis Crafts' and 'Arts 'n Flowers ' grew into international brands with products stocked in retail stores, shopping tv, and international websites and I want to heartfeltly thank all of you who have supported me along the way and joined me on other social channels to follow my journey.    

I have always stayed true to my work and designed all my collections from scratch, spend long hours, weeks, and months developing collections, doing my own factory prep, making samples, promoting, attending trade and craft fairs, and doing my own TV demonstrating.  If I'm honest within the industry there have been situations I have found myself in that were detrimental to my mental health and left me quite ill, and I also had a Heart attack last year due to exhaustion and stress so now I am flipping the switch and taking control again, leaving behind those I flogged my guts out for and got zero respect from and putting my own growth, wellbeing, creativity, joy and of course family as my priority.  These are the main reasons I have been AWOL from Blogger but have set a goal to do better around here so thank you for your patience and understanding.

We are living in such a fractured world right now and we are all struggling with our own situations, I hope that each of you is looking after yourselves and getting through it.  Lately with rising costs, Brexit effects on Ireland and UK trade relations, increased materials costs, sales tariffs and factory closures getting new products to market is either impossible or not cost-effective so I have decided to concentrate on digital products for a while until things improve worldwide.  I have dipped my toe into Etsy to give this a shot and am digitising previous collections that would have been available in stores but are no longer being manufactured. I am so working on new sets and fun projects too.  Any hints or tips regarding Etsy are always welcome, I know some of you are mega wizzes with digital stores so appreciate the feedback.

Here is a 15% Discount Code for my Etsy for those who feel like buying in June.

I've also set up a YouTube Channel of past shows on HSN and Crafter's TV to help those who have purchased collections and will be adding some home tutorials to this soon.  I have a Facebook page of course but also a new group that I would be delighted to welcome you to, it's called 'Sharon Callis Creative Crew'.  Don't laugh but I also joined TikTok, I'm totally tragic at it but hey a girl gotta learn eh!

So folks, thanks for stopping by, and I promise to liven things up around here!

Big Hugs

Sharon



Comments

Popular Posts