Kiddy Busy Board

This week’s Xyron project is all about the amazing Magnet/Laminate cartridges and how not only are they functional but fun too.  As you probably guessed I spend a bit of time crafting and sometimes when you have little ones it is hard to keep the amused while you get your projects done so I have made a Kids Busy Board.

I took an old tin sign and using the DCWV Baby Boy stack and the Xyron Laminate/Magnetic cartridge with the Creative Station this fun project was quick and easy to make.


Products Used


Silhouette Cameo
Adobe Illustrator (To create cut files)
12” x 30” Tin Sign (recycled)

How it’s made

I measure and cut two pieces of the text pattern paper 12” x 4” and two pieces of the yellow gingham print 12” x 9”.  I used the silhouette to cut a scalloped edge on the two gingham pieces.
I put all four pieces through the Xyron Creative Station and adhered them to the tin plate with the text print on the left first and then the gingham on the right with the scalloped edge overlapping the text print.
To top it off I cut away around the detail on the dark blue and banner printed paper, this is still quite wide so I used the Xyron Creatopia with permanent adhesive and then placed the sheet at the top of the tin sign.


To create the letters, number and game pieces I choose some very light colored paper (80lb) and ran it through the Magnet/Laminate, trimmed away the excess and then using masking tape secured it to the cutter carry sheet.
Using basic fonts and shapes I cut out the elements making sure that the blade was at maximum and do a double cut, OK I totally know that it would work even better with a deep blade housing but I didn’t have one to hand so I kept my fingers crossed !!!,  as you can see it worked. 


To add another element I took some of the cute print papers and following the previous procedure I cut out some puzzles for the ‘Play’ section of the board.


If you don’t have a large tin sign to hand you could also use a baking tray, or just use your refrigerator or filing cabinet.  So there you have it a fun way to keep little minds busy.


Thanks so much for stopping by today, make sure to follow Xyron on Facebook 

Xyron is available in the UK through Crafter's Companion

I'm also on facebook and if you want to stop by and say hi !


See you again soon.

(Xyron and DCWV product provided to me free as part of design team obligations)


Comments

Popular Posts